cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master and Slave Project on B-L072Z-LRWAN1

Sondos
Associate II

I'm new to the ST development Environment and it is my first time to be using embedded systems. My aim is to make a project of one master that communicate with multiple slaves. I have already tried the ping pong example with 2 B-L072Z-LRWAN1 boards and it works fine. my problem is that i want to assign one board to be a transmitter only and the other boards receive only. can anyone help regarding this case keeping in mind that I am new to this field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Sondos 

First, Welcome to ST World.

For such a project, I suggest you refer to the LocalNetwork demonstration. This example is elaborating exactly what you are looking for. You have to create a project on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 based on the I-Cube-LRWAN. On this project, you have to reproduce the same configurations of the Local Network projects but adapting them to the specificity of your board and the Firmware that you are using (since the example is based on the STM32WL55JC our new Sub-GHz product).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Sondos 

First, Welcome to ST World.

For such a project, I suggest you refer to the LocalNetwork demonstration. This example is elaborating exactly what you are looking for. You have to create a project on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 based on the I-Cube-LRWAN. On this project, you have to reproduce the same configurations of the Local Network projects but adapting them to the specificity of your board and the Firmware that you are using (since the example is based on the STM32WL55JC our new Sub-GHz product).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for you reply. do you recommend any videos that would help me have a better understanding?

You may find this video helpful.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

As complexity goes, this is on the simpler end of the spectrum. What experience do you have? It's going to be a lot easier to leverage off things you do know how to do, rather than imagine what you can/cannot do.

Most of the Who Transmits and Who Receives is determined by the main() loop, cutting all the transmit management from the listening units should provide more clarity. If the primary station doesn't listen at all, the reception management can be dispensed with. The listener doesn't need to respond, it can go into the idle state, and then continue listening.

Comment out large blocks of code, or use #if / #endif pairs, to trim code whilst you determine what's critical and what's not.

>>can anyone help regarding this case keeping in mind that I am new to this field.

There are places like https://www.fiverr.com/ where you can get help and work done on your project.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..