cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRa-E5 (STM32WLE5JC) without gateway

SBaro.11
Associate III

HI all,

I’d like to create a system communication using LoRa protocol between 2 devices, I don’t want to use TTN. I’m newbie with LoRa I’ve seen Seed provide SDK to use LoRaWAN but I don’t want to use gateway or server.

To be simple I have one device with LoRa-E5 and another device with another LoRa-E5, I’d like to be able to comunicate with LoRa between those devices, so it is End device to End device I think, is it possible ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bruno_ST
ST Employee

Hello @SBaro.1​ 

Yes, it is possible, please have a look at PingPong example :

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Applications\SubGHz_Phy\SubGHz_Phy_PingPong

BR,

Bruno

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bruno_ST
ST Employee

Hello @SBaro.1​ 

Yes, it is possible, please have a look at PingPong example :

STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Applications\SubGHz_Phy\SubGHz_Phy_PingPong

BR,

Bruno

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SBaro.11
Associate III

Nice thanks @Bruno_ST​  I'll look that :)

Hi

I am the same, and I opened this project. During compiling I get the following error in the application/target/radio_board_if.c

#error user to provide its board code or to call his board driver functions

I have the Lora-e5 on my own board, so dont know what to add here. If anyone has a small built project that you wish to share, then that would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Scott

Hello @Scott Dev​ 

I have checked, now latest

• STM32CubeMX allow to select type of board configuration (DCDC, TCXO and TX RFO HP/LP/HP+LP support under Middelware/SUBGHZ_PHY
  • #error is changed to #warning user to provide its board code or to call his board driver functions.
  • Change compare to Nucleo board: Quick check on the website LoRa-E5 mini - Seeed Wiki (seeedstudio.com), search for "SDK Example Label" shows that Lora-e5 mini uses TCXO, RFO HP only with a DC/DC. A CP2102 on Usart1(PB6/PB7) as usart. So change in you projet and implement a BSP_RADIO_ConfigRFSwitch() like using PA4 & PA5, OFF=> both=0, Receive: PA4=1, PA5=0, Transmit =  PA4=0, PA5=1 and adapt other GPIO to match this board.

BR,

Bruno

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Note that "LoRa" is just a modulation technique - you could put whatever protocol you like on top of that.

"LoRaWAN" is a protocol which uses (ie, is "on top of") LoRa modulation.

Hi Bruno,

Many thanks for the reply. Im quite new to Lora and using the Lora-e5, so not sure what DCDC, TCXO and TX RFO HP/LP/HP+LP are (HP/LP, high power and low power?) . Any pointers on these?

Best Regards

Scott