Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues about STM32WB

Ofer
Associate III

Hi

We develop a project on the STM32WB5MMG MCU. We have 2 issues:

1. How can we get the actual MTU after the negotiation with the remote client (probably a smartphone) ? We want to support all kind of smartphones including those with small MTU. Do we have to be worried about this issue in case of transmitting too large packets to the client or would the packet be divided into sub-packets automatically ?

2. When working with the debugger on both EVB (STM32WB5MMG-DK) and our board is ok, both after disconnecting power and connecting it again, we don't get advertise again. Have someone now what cause this ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

1. The ACI_ATT_EXCHANGE_MTU_RESP_EVENT event is generated in response to an Exchange MTU request. The event contains "Server_RX_MTU" parameter which is the attribute server receive MTU size.
  2. Which IDE are you using?

Best Regards

Dear Remy

Thanks for your reply.

1. Thanks, it seems exactly what I was looking for.
  2. I am using STM32CubeIDE.
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

I think you are facing a known issue, can you open your linker file (STM32WB5MMGHX_FLASH.ld) and check if you have an extra dot for MB_MEM2 section (e.g *(.MB_MEM2) ; instead of *(MB_MEM2) ;) ?

If yes, remove the extra dot and it will work. Due to this extra dot, the buffers that need to be in SRAM2 are not placed there, so your application doesn't work. It will be corrected in the next release of STM32CubeIDE tool.

Best Regards

Dear Remy

It seems that there is only option to set this parameter, how can I get it ?