cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get BLE_OTA project example with Debug configuration supported?

Greg_
Associate II

In the application BLE_OTA for STM32WB55 NUCLEO 64 board there is no Debug configuration. It is also mentioned in the project's readme.txt file that "Debug configuration of BLE_Ota CubeIDE project is not supported by current BLE_Ota application settings". However, in the "STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 7, Over-the-Air (OTA)" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzZOa3jmuM) it looks like there is a version of the BLE_OTA application which supports the debug configuration. Is it possible to get the version of BLE_OTA with debug configuration?

5 REPLIES 5
MRebo.2
Associate II

I have the same problem!!!

Hi..

I'm facing the same issue

it's unable to debug even with the debug version

Any update on this, ST Community ?

Riscy
Senior

I have an issue with BLE_OTA; it failed to run from main() where the breakpoint is set.

MCU: STM32WB55CG Nucleo

WB package: STM32Cube_FW_WBV1.15.0

BLE Stack: stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw

Bootloader example: STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.15.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_Ota

Documentation: AN5247

Fixed, there is a missing debug in the build/debug configuration. Simply copy the release config into the new debug configuration with the new name: Debug and then find the setting debugging from the list column and then set to maximum debug. This activates the debug feature and traps the breakpoint as per the video. I don't know why they removed it.