cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating AT Slave example of LoRaWAN and Sigfox on STM32WL

Nikhil D&K
Senior

Hello developers,

I am currently developing all in one AT Slave firmware for STM32WL, which can handle both lorawan and sigfox AT commands. I have tested both AT Slave example of Sigfox and LoRaWAN one by one and  it's working as expected.

When i open the .ioc file of this examples (AT Slave LoRaWAN and Sigfox) in CubeMX,  i can see it doesn't allow to enable the Sigfox/LoRaWAN middleware in LoRaWAN/Sigfox example. 

So i would like to know how i can enable both the middleware in same firmware, so that my master device can leverage the use of both technologies (LoRaWAN & Sigfox ) in the same chipset. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would strongly suggest that you first have a look at the project from that video - that should give you a working project as reference ...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

You're just going to have to study the code, and work out how to merge the two.

Are you looking to do both LoRaWAN and Sigfox "simultaneously", or just have a single image that can be switched to either LoRa or Sigfox mode ?

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Take a look at this - from the 'Related Content' sidebar:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/stm32wl-software-support-for-wmbus-sigfox-lorawan/m-p/648308/highlight/true#M18238

Perhaps also try a forum search ...

Hello @Andrew Neil ,

In my application i would be publishing hourly data on LoRaWAN server and Sigfox  backend one at a time. So looking to genrate a image of AT Slave in which i can switch between this modes.

Yes while studying its .ioc configurations, i bumped into the issue that cube mx is not allowing me to enable the Sigfox midleware in LoRawan application.

I also have refered this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrL-7WmhUE of end device co-existence of both technologies but the resource downloaded doesnt have .ioc file nor it shows how to enable both midllewares in same project..

@Nikhil D&K wrote:

I also have refered this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrL-7WmhUE of end device co-existence of both technologies but the resource downloaded doesnt have .ioc file nor it shows how to enable both midllewares in same project..

It's a complete project - so, presumably, doesn't need an .ioc file. You just build it as-is.

And the demonstration shows that it does have both Sigfox and LoRaWAN in the same project - it only takes a button switch to go between them.

Perhaps @STTwo-32 can comment further?

Alternatively, there's the 3rd-party stack mentioned in that post.

Hello @Andrew Neil Third party stack is for MBus. 

I have currently started to merge both examples taking LoRaWAN example as base and copying  the Sigfox Middleware and application level files in the project. , hoping for successfull implementation. 

@STTwo-32 can you please provide some inputs in this issue.

I would strongly suggest that you first have a look at the project from that video - that should give you a working project as reference ...

@Andrew Neil wrote:

Hello @Andrew Neil thanks for your suggestion. 

I was able to download and successfully builld and run end device application as given in video.

Now i  will firstly update sigfox at slave application file in this example and hopefully get it going.