cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing custom firmware on the RisingHF RHF0M003LF20 board.

DScho.2
Associate II

I have the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3 package with the LoRa expansion board using the RisingHF chip.

According to the RisingHF documentation, the built-in processor in the RisingHF module is a STM32L07x chip and can be programmed through the bootloader. I have already upgraded the RisingHF firmware once using their binary, so I know the bootloader works.

However, I have built a basic "Hello world!" binary (using STM32L071, L072, and L073 project configurations in the STMCubeMX) and attempted to install that on the RisingHF chip using the same bootloader procedure, but the uploaded code does not execute and the bootloader screen is displayed.

Any ideas of which chip specific chip is inside the RisingHF module eg. STM32L071C8? I can supply my expansion board's serial number if that would help?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
DScho.2
Associate II

RisingHF module: 8CF957200000F786

ST LoRa Expansion board: LRWAN_NS1-2.7A191201216

ST Nucleo-L073RZ Board: MB1136-L073RZ-C04, A191401590

I have already installed the latest RisingHF firmware, but I want to know how I can create and install custom firmware on the RisingHF chip using the STM32CubeIDE.

AKapp.2
Associate

Good day !

I used to examine the insides of rhf0m003 module several year ago, the chip inside was 071KB6 in QFN case. The chip is locked, and i think to level 2, cause when i tried to erase it with stlink, it turned to brick. You can only update the part of ROM using RisingHF bootloader. Its the part of product protection against copying.

You mentioned tha you've upgraded to the latest RisingHF firmware. Can You help me to find the actual firmware for this module (rhf0m003-v.3.5.13-20190916.ebin.bin i think) it indexes on China sites but i cant find the link to download it. I 'need to make some already made devices work with new functionality.

Would be gratefull if You can help.

0693W00000D1rYyQAJ.jpg

DScho.2
Associate II

Hi. Thanks for the info. Yes, I think I came to the same conclusion.

I downloaded the image from here: https://www.risinghf.com/product/detail/19.

I have attached the instructions that I used to upload - it uses Ymodem file transfer and ExtraPutty.

Hope this helps!

DScho.2
Associate II

I have uploaded the binary that I downloaded, because sometimes the RisingHF's website is down...

AKapp.2
Associate

Thank's, I can't understand how I didn't find this file.

By the way, when i started to develop my own lora devices, i used Rising 076 module with installed empty chip 071CBT6 on it, cause it's easier to solder TQFP case )) That way we get tested RF topology and empty chip. ready to use with CUBE LORA expansion set.

DScho.2
Associate II

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Ggvfd.3
Associate II

By the manner, after I began to develop my own Lora gadgets, I used Rising 076 module with mounted empty chip 071CBT6 on it, motive it is simpler to solder TQFP case here. That way we get tested RF topology and empty chip. Equipped to apply with CUBE LORA enlargement set.