cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In STM32 using USB1 as an interface, when I flash the FUS version and BLE stack for the first time it is able to flash, but when I repeat the same steps then am not able to read the FUS version. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Mkuma.7
Associate III

The steps performed:

1. First read the FUS version.
  2. Selected the FUS bin file to flash.
  3. Flashed the above-mentioned file.
  4. Then again when I read the FUS version it was displaying as 00000000 in GUI

18 REPLIES 18
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Once you managed to flash on version of FUS, you are not allowed to upload the same version again.

When you say, "I am not able to read the FUS version", what do you read?

If the version you are uploaded is the V1.2.0, Then it is normal as it is the latest and definite one.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Tis should not prevent you to upload a wireless stack.

By the way, what is the CubeWB FW package version you are using?

Hello Remi QUINTIN,

Using the ST-LINK device (interface = SWD) I am able to flash the same version again and again.

But when I use the USB interface, am not able to flash second time(i.e., I am able to flash only once).

"I am not able to read the FUS version", what do you read?

I am able to read 00000000

But previously it was displaying 01020000

Mkuma.7
Associate III

Yes being able to upgrade the wireless stack..

But the problem is not able to read the FUS version for the second time, which is not letting me flash the FUS bin file.

By the way, what is the CubeWB FW package version you are using?

Using the WB package - 1.15

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

As i said, If you read once the FUS version as v1.2.0, this means the final version of FUS was already loaded on your board.

In that case you don't have to load it again as it is up to date.

Regarding the fact that the value you are reading now is 0, I will check if trying to load the same FUS version could lead to this, assuming the previous current version is erased before being written with the new one ... except when the FUS version is the same.

It will be helpful If you check on your side and let me know.

Thank you.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

After checking

&) You can try to upload the FUS as many times as you want but nothing will really happen on the board itself.

2) To read the FUS version, you must be executing the FUS. Otherwise, it is not possible to read the FUS version and you may see the value 0.

So, before reading the FUS version, please switch to the FUS mode.

Mkuma.7
Associate III

Yes before reading the FUS version, am executing it in FUS itself. Otherwise it wouldn't have connected in the first step itself.. right.

Remi QUINTIN, Did you check via USB interface?

Sometimes option byte nSWBOOT value was changing the value from 1 --> 0, due to this I have to switch back to STLINK interface(SWD) to change the nSWBOOT value from 0 --> 1.

Mkuma.7
Associate III

For me, the problem was reproducing, when I flash the FUS bin file and then flash the BLE stack.

Can you check this once?