cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement BLE peripherals without using UTIL_SEQ

AkihiroN
Associate III

I would like to implement a BLE peripheral without using UTIL_SEQ.
The sample project BLE_Peripheral_Lite seems to realize BLE functionality without using UTIL_SEQ, but when I add BLE functionality in STM32CubeMX, it is automatically set to use UTIL_SEQ. without using UTIL_SEQ. Is there any way to output source code by CubeMX without using UTIL_SEQ?
Also, if UTIL_SEQ is not used, is it possible to use Timer Sever or Low power manager?
Please tell us the other limitations of not using UTIL_SEQ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, but we don't recommend this to have the perfect coordination between the different tasks of your Code.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @AkihiroN 

If you are generating your Project using CubeMX and the STM32_WPAN Middleware, The Sequencer is directly included on the project as well as the Low Power Manager and the HW Timer Server. If you are looking to eliminate the sequencer, you can select FreeRTOS and use this guide to implement your application.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your instruction.
In other words, do I have to use UTIL_SEQ or FreeRTOS when using HW Timer Server or Low Power Manager?

In other words, do I have to use UTIL_SEQ or FreeRTOS when using HW Timer Server or Low Power Manager?

No, you don't have to. But when generating a code Using the STM32_WPAN Middleware, UTIL_SEQ or FreeRTOS should be enabled.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

Thank you for your instruction.
Am I right in thinking that if I implement this in scratch, I can implement something like BLE_Peripheral_Lite and then realize the functions of HW Timer Server and Low Power Manager?

Yes, but we don't recommend this to have the perfect coordination between the different tasks of your Code.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32