cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How transfer project or how to select different microcontroller in currant project without using CUBE MX?

Deepak.Aagri
Associate III

I have STM32WB55RG-Nucleo board and STM32WB55CG Dongle. Current i am working on BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner project. this project doesn't have .ioc file to select the different microcontroller and i want run same BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner project in dongle.

Please help me out to select different micro-controller or share the documents for selection of different microcontroller in currant project.

Best Regards

Deepak

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

In general, assess the differences between the chips and change the necessary function. In this case, the only difference I can see is the pinout, so no code changes are necessary unless the pinout is different. In particular, the FLASH and RAM sizes are the same.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

How about startup_stm32wb55xx_cm4.s file..?

What about it?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

**Ignore the previous comment... Please consider below changes...

Here i replace the  stm32wbxx_nucleo.h with stm32wbxx_usb_dongle.h (.c file also) following error i receive :

In file included from C:/Workspace STM BLE LPN Board/BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner/Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/mesh/Src/serial_if.c:24,

from C:/Workspace STM BLE LPN Board/BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner/Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/mesh/Src/mesh_cfg.c:45:

../../STM32_WPAN/app/hal_common.h:25:108: error: operator '||' has no right operand

25 | #if defined(NUCLEO_L152RE) || defined(USE_STM32WBXX_NUCLEO) || USE_STM32WBXX_USB_DONGLE /* NUCLEO_L152RE */

|                                                      ^

../../STM32_WPAN/app/hal_common.h:31:2: error: #error "Unsupported board"

31 | #error "Unsupported board"

| ^~~~~

In file included from C:/Workspace STM BLE LPN Board/BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner/Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/mesh/Src/serial_if.c:24,

from C:/Workspace STM BLE LPN Board/BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner/Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/mesh/Src/mesh_cfg.c:45:

../../STM32_WPAN/app/hal_common.h:44:1: error: unknown type name 'BUTTON_STATE'

44 | BUTTON_STATE GetButtonState(void);

| ^~~~~~~~~~~~

../../STM32_WPAN/app/hal_common.h:45:1: error: unknown type name 'BUTTON_STATE'

45 | BUTTON_STATE GetButton2State(void);

| ^~~~~~~~~~~~

make: *** [Middlewares/STM32_WPAN/ble/blesvc/subdir.mk:74: Middlewares/STM32_WPAN/ble/blesvc/mesh_cfg.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Best Regards

Deepak Aagri

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

For BLE_MeshLightingProvisioner project, you need an interface to send commands, so that why the project is only on STM32WB55RG-Nucleo board and not on STM32WB55CG Dongle. The following wiki page talk about this project:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Connectivity:STM32WB_BLE_MESH_Embedded_Provisioning

Best Regards