cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can LPN Unprovision without NVIC_SystemReset in Mesh Network?

Deepak.Aagri
Associate III

Hello ST,

Below function need for Unprovising from network ::

void Appli_Unprovision(void)

{

if(!ProxyFlag)

{

/* No GATT connection */

BLEMesh_StopAdvScan();

PalNvmErase(NVM_BASE, 0);    

PalNvmErase(NVM_BASE, 0x1000);

PalNvmErase(APP_NVM_BASE, 0);

PalNvmErase(PRVN_NVM_BASE_OFFSET, 0);

TRACE_M(TF_PROVISION,"NVM erased\r\n");    

BLEMesh_Unprovision();

AppliNvm_ClearModelState();   

TRACE_M(TF_PROVISION,"Device is unprovisioned by application \r\n");    

BLEMesh_Process();

NVIC_SystemReset();

}

}

We don't want to reset the system but without NVIC_SystemReset(); system behave will change and Transport layer become busy.

Please provide the solution for this. We have already spent too much time in STM32WB Mesh network development and our project dead line coming closer. Request to you response back as soon as possible for this issue..

Best Regards

Deepak

28 REPLIES 28

Hi Deepak,

I have a question, how did you get some terminal traces and terminal access coming from the Dongle LPN ?

Normally, as LPN is a Low Power Node you should not have terminal traces and any access to the LPN terminal !

You should have access to the Nodes only from the Provisioner terminal.

So, after sending of the command ATEP UNPV from the Provisioner terminal, you should see if the Node is unprovisioned if his BD Address appear after the ATEP SCAN command.

Is that the case ?

If yes you will be able to provision this Node with the ATEP PRVN-x, where x is the index of the scanned Node.

Best regards.

HI EMECH,

Q1: how did you get some terminal traces and terminal access coming from the Dongle LPN ?

A: I have shared three device trace.. LPN node trace is enabled. Remining above two Provisioner terminal.

Q2- So, after sending of the command ATEP UNPV from the Provisioner terminal, you should see if the Node is unprovisioned if his BD Address appear after the ATEP SCAN command.

Is that the case ?

A- SCAN command works for both Provisioner terminal BD address appear on both the terminal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point is, if we initiate ATEP PRVN0 2 command from the same terminal it works and LPN node configured properly. if we change the terminal and initiate ATEP PRVN0 2 command. second terminal stuck at Config Client App Key Add stage and retry many time and stop the process.

Best Regards

Deepak

EMECH
ST Employee

Deepak,

Do not forget that at a time you should have only one root Provisioner at a time in the same MESH network ...

Only the Provisioner Node that have initiated the MESH network creation, after a self provisioning with ATEP ROOT command, can provision other Node after ATEP SCAN and ATEP PRVN-x, and only this root Provisioner can unprovision the Node.

In your case if you want to provision with the second Provisioner the LP Node you have just unprovisioned with the first Provisioner, you have to ensure that this second Provisioner is not provisioned by a root Provisioner (the first Provisioner), set this second Provisioner as root with ATEP ROOT (so you have a new MESH network creation), scan and provision unprovisioned Nodes with ATEP SCAN and ATEP PRVN-x.

But by this way you have created 2 different and independent MESH networks.

Best regards.

Best

Hello EMECH,

Is there any updates for LPN node connection with two different and independent MESH networks?

I hope Key refresh flag changing in right way to allow new app key..

0693W00000QLGVLQA5.pngregards

EMECH
ST Employee

Hi Deepak,

To better understand your needs, I invite you to contact our nearest ST field application engineers, who will be in a better position to help and inform you.

Best regards.

@EMECH​ 

We already informed to nearest ST field application engineer.

Best Regards

Deepak Aagri

EMECH
ST Employee

Hi Deepak,

Great, can you give me his name ?

Best Regards.

Bart

Acknowledge the message so i can delete previous comment...

EMECH
ST Employee

Deepak,

AVNET is a distributor.

I'm talking about ST Microelectronics Field Application Engineer of your region/country or close to your region/country, please refers to st.com website.

Best regards.