cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone managed to make a working LoRaWAN multicast with STM32WL? If so, how?

Ogui
Associate II

I am a bit confused with the multicast on STM32WL. I want to send downlink messages from an Application Server to 1 (or 2) STM32WL by using multicast. To do so, I tried to use the project (LoRaWAN_End_Node or LoRaWAN_AT_Slave) proposed in the STM32WL package from ST. However, I can't figure out how to configure the STM32WL to enable the multicast. Is there any configuration I am forgetting to do in the files of the project ?

Really appreciate your attention, thank you !

10 REPLIES 10

In our application, we had to define(user-defined) the MCDevAddress, McNwkSKey and McAppSKey in a source file(lmhandler_mbwrapper.c). Ended up doing next steps within Process_Lora_Cmd (CM0Plus runs the LoRa Stack). After processing the LMHANDLER_CONFIGURE_ID command from CM4 in LoRaWAN_Init step, I created a MC channel by defining McChannelParams_t. Then performed LoRaMacMcChannelSetup to create an MC channel to finish the configuration. 

You must make sure the MC device on your gateway has the same MCDevAddress, McNwkSKey and McAppSKey.