cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't Find Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin file

iFoX
Associate

Hi Community,

I’m trying to use the CubeMonitor-RF sniffing tool to monitor packets between my two NUCLEO-WB55 boards. I have followed all the instructions indicated by UM2288 and the ST Wiki. However, I am confused about the firmware upgrade for the M4 core using the Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin file. I couldn’t find any file named Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin in the en.stm32cubewb-v1-20-0 folder.

Could anyone guide me on where to find this file or provide any additional steps I might have missed?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @iFoX 

For the 802.15.4 sniffer:

The wireless stack is in the \Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x\stm32wb5x_Mac_802_1 5_4_fw.bin folder. The firmware binaries are Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer_Dongle.bin and Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer_Nucleo.bin. The location changes with the operating system:

a) For Windows, the firmware is in the \STMicroelectronics\STM32CubeMonitor-RF\sniffer folder ,which means C:\Users\Public\Documents\STMicroelectronics\ STM32CubeMonitor-RF\firmwares.

b) For Linux, the firmware is in the /STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMonitor-RF/sniffer folder.

c) For macOS®, the firmware is inside the document folder provided in the setup package: \Users\Public\Documents\STMicroelectronics\ STM32CubeMonitor-RF\firmwares\Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.