cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth version information for two MCUs wireless (stm32wb5mmg/stm32wb1mmc)

KWOOJ
Associate III

hello.
As I said in the title, I would like to know the exact Bluetooth version information for both MCUs.
I recognize the Bluetooth version of stm32wb5mmg as '5.0'. However, the datasheet and MCU website say that the Bluetooth version is '5.4'. Which version is correct?
I would also like to know the Bluetooth version information of stm32wb1mmc.
Is there a way to find out the exact Bluetooth version information?

The datasheet is attached, and below is the MCU website I checked.
stm32wb5mmg website:
https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32wb5mmg.html

stm32wb1mmc website:
https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32wb1mmc.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SikandarLF
Associate III

You can change the version of Bluetooth in the CubeMX if i am not wrong. so stm32wb5mmg does support bluetooth version 5.4 and for stm32wb1mmc , It supports bluetooth 5.4 as well. all you need is, when you are doing settings for your project 

SikandarLF_0-1708675446559.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SikandarLF
Associate III

You can change the version of Bluetooth in the CubeMX if i am not wrong. so stm32wb5mmg does support bluetooth version 5.4 and for stm32wb1mmc , It supports bluetooth 5.4 as well. all you need is, when you are doing settings for your project 

SikandarLF_0-1708675446559.png

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @KWOOJ 

As said @SikandarLF both STM32WB1MMC and STM32WB5MMG support both BLE 5.4. But, you can configure them to use even a lower version for maybe adaptation needs.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

Please don't be confused between Bluetooth version and real Bluetooth features supported.
Every features are optional, meaning you can have a device Bluetooth 5.4 certified but supporting only features of 5.1 for example.

Please refer to Certification guideline for STM32WB and STM32WBA - stm32mcu for having latest certification version of stm32wb5mmg or stm32wb1mmc.

As can be seen here, STM32WB5MMG is having a 5.3 component QDID (187035) and can be combined with a stack version 5.4 (QDID 216169) so this module can be stated as bluetooth 5.4 (again does not mean it supports all 5.4 features)

STM32WB1MMC is having a 5.3 component QDID (187042) and can be combined with a stack version 5.4 (QDID 216169) so this module can be stated as bluetooth 5.4 (here again does not mean it supports all 5.4 features)

Regards

Laurent

KWOOJ
Associate III

With your help, I have accurate information.
I was able to set the Bluetooth version through CUBEMX.
It helped me solve my problem
thank you