cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE_TransparentMode example project on NUCLEO-WB55RG crashes

BBlin.1
Associate II

I am working on the NUCLEO-WB55RG eval board and I try to run the BLE_TransparentMode project provided as example. But when I run the code (without any modification), it doesn't work. The debugging shows that it failed suddenly at MX_APPE_Init main function.

I have successfully flashed the firmware stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw.bin at address 0x080C7000.

Other examples works fine (I've tested BLE_Zigbee_Dyn and Zigbee_APS_Router projects)

I use STM32CubeIDE with STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.14.1 library.

6 REPLIES 6
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

BLE_TransparentMode project allows to send ACI commands using STM32CubeMonitor RF tool. Are you able to connect your board to STM32CubeMonitor RF tool or not ?

Best Regards

BBlin.1
Associate II

No, STM32CubeMonitor RF tool can't connect to the board ("device not responding")

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Which version of STM32CubeMonitor RF tool are you using ?

BBlin.1
Associate II

Version 2.9.1

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

I'm not able to reproduce your issue, so maybe there is an issue when you have flashed the BLE stack. Can you retry to flash the firmware stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw.bin at address 0x080C7000 and then BLE_TransparentMode_reference.hex firmware from v1.14.1 using STM32CubeProgrammer?

Best Regards

BBlin.1
Associate II

Same issue : the nucleo board is totally frozen when I run the software. Thank you for your help, I will start my development from another example.

Best regards