cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertise for connection in sleep

DS.4
Senior II

Hello,

It is not clear to me if I can set stm32wb55 to advertise for connection (e.g., fast, slow)  during sleep mode.

In case a client connects to me, will I get a connection event that will wake CPU1?

What are the sleep modes( power consumptions) of each CPU in the best case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi,
Yes you can have the RF ON while doing low power.
You can look BLE_HeartRate example available in STM32CubeWB package which allow to perform low power.
Here is the associated wiki page : WikiPage_STM32WB_HeartRate 

Regarding the consumption values of chips, one should refer to the values given in the datasheet.

To give you an idea of the consumption in an "applicative use case," with a BLE_HeartRate, the consumption during ADV is around 15 uA.

Note that many parameters come into play, such as the ADV interval. It is therefore difficult to give an exact value in this case.

To obtain an accurate consumption value based on your use case, you can use the BLE_Power_Peripheral  application, which allows you to configure certain parameters to obtain an accurate consumption value.

I hope that answered your questions.
Best regards, Joé

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi,
Yes you can have the RF ON while doing low power.
You can look BLE_HeartRate example available in STM32CubeWB package which allow to perform low power.
Here is the associated wiki page : WikiPage_STM32WB_HeartRate 

Regarding the consumption values of chips, one should refer to the values given in the datasheet.

To give you an idea of the consumption in an "applicative use case," with a BLE_HeartRate, the consumption during ADV is around 15 uA.

Note that many parameters come into play, such as the ADV interval. It is therefore difficult to give an exact value in this case.

To obtain an accurate consumption value based on your use case, you can use the BLE_Power_Peripheral  application, which allows you to configure certain parameters to obtain an accurate consumption value.

I hope that answered your questions.
Best regards, Joé