cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Nucleo-GFX01M1 (X-Cube-Display) and NUCLEO-G071RB issue with the demo code, unable to load and run without 'MI command LOAD...' error.

TJM
Senior

Received my GFX01M1 board to use with the Nucleo-G071RB. First, tried to load the precompiled binary in the project workspace with no luck. I get the 'Failed to execute the MI command LOAD ***.elf'. Re-compiled the code with no issue but resulting in the same message. Some sort of debugger issue, it seems, but there is very little about this 'MI command' or what causes the error. There are lots of posts about this same issue but nothing recommended in these posts have resolved the problem. I've tried changing debugger and debugger settings but the error continues to be unresolved. Also tried code with and without debug settings and tried loading the code with STM Programmer instead of the IDE with no improvement. Same error.

Any suggestions on resolving the issue?

Thanks,

tjm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TJM
Senior

Wow, you're too fast. I was just about to amend this post as I found a post with the fix here, copied the external loader and the demo now loads and works fine.

The fix:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000LC29WSAT/important-working-on-the-stm32g0-nucleo-with-stm32cubeide .

I saw the external loader file while browsing through the code directories but was unsure about what to do with it.

I would like to see this picture fixed in the docs, though. I wasn't aware this was a wireless board.

0693W0000059yqUQAQ.png 

thanks,

tjm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Apparently part of the binary has to go to the SPI flash (otherwise there wouldn't be one fitted ...). For this, STM32CubeProgrammer needs an external loader, "MX25L6433F_STM32G071B_NUCLEO.stldr". So the first point to check is whether this is actually present in "bin/ExternalLoader" in your programmer installation directory.

TJM
Senior

Wow, you're too fast. I was just about to amend this post as I found a post with the fix here, copied the external loader and the demo now loads and works fine.

The fix:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000LC29WSAT/important-working-on-the-stm32g0-nucleo-with-stm32cubeide .

I saw the external loader file while browsing through the code directories but was unsure about what to do with it.

I would like to see this picture fixed in the docs, though. I wasn't aware this was a wireless board.

0693W0000059yqUQAQ.png 

thanks,

tjm

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello @TJM​ ,

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre