cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.16.0 is out

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi Everyone, the TouchGFX team wishes you a happy new year.

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.16.0 is out, available from CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through CubeMX).

Here is the documentation for 4.16.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

Main features:

1. Built in support for a Gauge widget
  2. New screen transition called "Block Transition"
  3. New invalidation algorithm for improved performances

You can see all the bug fixing and improvements in the changelog.

/Romain

32 REPLIES 32
Balavardhi
Associate II

Hi,

we are using STM32L4R9ZI for our project and we have our own PCB.

I have installed all new versions of TouchGFX, STM32CubeMX and MCU package for the IC STM32L4R9ZI and i have generated project using STM32CubeMX in which new TouchGFX is selected. But with this project i am getting issues like dotted display and sometimes RTOS getting stuck.

Can anyone tell me what is the compatible version of STMCubeMX and MCU Package for STM32L4R9ZI IC, to work with the new TouchGFX version?

Regards,

Bala

Hi,

Could you provide more details on the "dotted display" ? Does the RTOS issue also happen with another task than TouchGFX ?

I would not see why the latest versions of STM32CubeMX and MCU package for the STM32L4R9ZI would not work. The application template available in TouchGFX designer for the STM32L4R9 development kit are based on the STM32L4R9AIIx and work.

/Romain

Balavardhi
Associate II

Hi Romain,

Thank you so much for the fast reply and sorry for the late reply.

I have solved the issue by creating a project directly from the STM32CubeIDE, instead of creating from STM32CubeMX.

Previously I had followed the procedure which is in the below link to create a project and i faced those issues,

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/board-bring-up/how-to/01-create-project

Thanks and Regards,

Bala

Hi,

That is actually interesting (on a personal level at least ^^), I often meet the reverse issue where I would rather create a project starting from CubeMX than from CubeIDE where I would then face issues. What were the kind of bugs/issues you faced ? Or were there actually too many to know where they came from :grinning_face_with_sweat:?

Nevertheless it is good news that you are able to work with it now :thumbs_up:.

/Romain

ADębs.1
Senior

I had to change my laptop. I have ACER Aspire 5 with SSD 128 GB D drive and 1000 GB HDD C drive I have a problem with proper installation of STM32CubeIDE 1.5.1 and touchgfx 4.16.1.

Is there a chance that they will work properly, I confirm the proposed paths during installation. GFX Is Installing To Drive D !? Is that okay?

Andrzej

Hi,

Were you successful ? I do not see why it would not work :grinning_face_with_sweat:.

/Romain

I was able to install STM32CubeIDE 1.6.0, TouchGFX 4.16.1 correctly.I
have created a new template program.There is an error as in the attached
file.
W dniu 26.02.2021 o 14:39, ST Community pisze:

Hi,

Which attached file ?

/Romain

TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp ( #inlude fatal error: BitmapDatabase.hpp: No such file or directory W dniu 26.02.2021 o 15:57, ST Community pisze:

I'll link this message exchange to the post you created.

/Romain