cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TouchGFX rebuild all when not required to do so?

andy2399
Senior

I built a project from within TouchGFX and clicked the Run on Target button. Unfortunately, I forgot to plug STLink into my target board so programming failed. I connected STLink and clicked the Run on Target button again and it went and compiled ALL source code again before downloading it to my board - why does it do this ???

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @andy2399 ,

Pressing either "Run Simulator" or "Run Target" will start the process of compiling and starting/flashing from the beginning. In order to run a specific instruction, you can use TouchGFX Environment, which is an CLI tool. You can start TouchGFX Environment by searching for it in your windows search, or going to the TouchGFX installation folder/env/MinGW/msys/1.0 and running msys.bat 

You can also see the instructions used by the TouchGFX Designer in the Log View section.

Hope this has answered your question. 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @andy2399 ,

Pressing either "Run Simulator" or "Run Target" will start the process of compiling and starting/flashing from the beginning. In order to run a specific instruction, you can use TouchGFX Environment, which is an CLI tool. You can start TouchGFX Environment by searching for it in your windows search, or going to the TouchGFX installation folder/env/MinGW/msys/1.0 and running msys.bat 

You can also see the instructions used by the TouchGFX Designer in the Log View section.

Hope this has answered your question. 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX