cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update from 4.16.0 to 4.17.0 not possible

Marco.R
Senior

Hello

I tried to open an 4.16.0 application in the new TouchGfx version 4.17.0. I'm getting the error "This project is corrupt or cannot be found".

What can I do to migrate the project to version 4.17.0?

Thanks

/Marco

7 REPLIES 7
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

This is an odd issue, to migrate a project you should just have to open it with TouchGFX 4.17. Are you working on a custom board or did you start your project from an application template (now called TouchGFX Board Setup) for one of ST development boards? Could you share your project by any chance ? What is your project path ?

/Romain

Marco.R
Senior

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​ 

Thanks for your reply. I'm working with a custom board. Unfortunately I can't share the project. I migrated now manually (touchgfx file and excel file)

• The *.touchgfx file looks the same as before except the "Version" and "CreatedBy" File.
  • I think the excel file was corrupt. When I use the old file I'm getting the same error.

/Marco

AKG
Associate III

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​  : I get the same error when I try to upgrade the project to 4.17.0.

I opened the touchgfx designer 4.17.0 and tried to open the 4.16.0 application. Appears to be a problem with texts.xlsx

I am also attaching here the log for your reference.

let me know in case you need any additional details.

Hi,

Are you working on a custom board or on a ST development kit ?

Can you open the excel file in the <project name>/TouchGFX/assets/texts folder ?

Could you share your project by any chance ? Have you faced that error with multiple projects ?

/Romain

Could you share your excel sheet instead of the full project in the end ?

/Romain

AKG
Associate III

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​ ,

The texts.xlsx file has no problems or errors.

I had to spend some time to analyze the issue but I was able to fix it. Here is the description:

In Touchgfx version 4.16, the Touchgfx tool allowed to change the language name after it was created. Like here

0693W00000BdFLpQAN.pngTherefore in our application, we had the default language name changed from GB to EN.

I assume while performing the upgrade in Touchgfx 4.17.0 tool, the touchgfx looks for GB language in the texts.xlsx and when it doesn't find the GB key, the upgrade is aborted with the above error.

Hence I manually opened the text.xlsx and renamed EN to GB. Thereafter the upgrade to 4.17.0 was successful.

I am not sure if there are multiple causes for the above error.

If you wish to debug this further, your colleague @Martin KJELDSEN​ already has a copy of our project.

You could just borrow our project from him and easily reproduce the problem by trying to upgrade.

let me know if I still need to send you our project.

Regards,

Ashish

Hi,

Super 👍, I'll throw a pen in his direction to ask him to send it to me and to the Designer team 😉. Thank you for sharing the findings of your investigation.

/Romain