cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX with the STM32CubeIDE

TLend.1
Associate

Hi,

I'm having trouble running the GUI on STM32 (specifically STM32F429IITX).

I found a lot of links, articles and videos that describe how to get the display and GUI up and running, but I couldn't connect the TouchGFX to the STM32CubeIDE.

Is there any procedure, example, etc.?

After setting up a project in CubeIDE and adding GFX, the project cannot be compiled.

I tried adding includes, excluding the simulator and everything that was recommended, unfortunately without success.

I have IDE 1.4.2

GFX 4.13.0

Thanks for the ideas.

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Did you generate code from TouchGFX designer for your application? TouchGFX designer will bootstrap the application with libraries and headerfiles, so if you attempt to compile right after project creation in CubeIDE it will fail.

/Martin

TLend.1
Associate

691/5000

Hi Martin,

I proceeded as follows:

I created a STM32 project in Cube IDE. In ioc config I chose to use Touch GFX, LCD, etc.

The project was created, it was not possible to compile it (errors in TouchGFX / target), a partial TouchGFX file was created, which I double clicked and selected a simple design template.

However, I did not manage to compile the project.

I tried to gradually include libraries, but I didn't get to compile successfully.

I started about 15 projects, I tried different settings, but without success.

I searched, I googled, with no success.

About a year ago I got a Discovery board, I tried the GUI on it, the TouchGFX looked a little different (Wizard or something like that), but it worked without problems.

Thanks so much for help, direction.

Tomáš

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Like Martin said if you start a project from TouchGFX Designer with the STM32F429 disco board you will have a project created with all the settings generated for you. Since you say you are using the F429IITX mcu I suppose you are using a custom board. If the setup is similar you can base your settings on the generated project if relevant.

/Romain