cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX: undefined reference to `ModelListener::setTime(displayTime_t)' when I add an interaction?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

I'm following "Touch GFX #4. Send data to UI" youtube video to send data from the RTC to the display. My project is not complete or tested on the hardware. I'm building it as I go to check for errors. I kept getting the error below for the second screen. I checked all steps in the video and I followed them correctly. I'm not doing anything on the second screen since the video has only one screen. I made another simpler project (zip link to google drive the file size is about 94MB) and that built fine until I added an interaction to the button from the first screen to change to the second screen. I have an interaction in my original project. I started getting the same error as before. I'm pretty new to touchGFX and not much of its code make sense yet. My c++ skills are ok but inheritance, virtual functions and the like not so much. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. If I remove the interaction or the whole second screen the problem goes away ... but that doesn't really help me.

How do I fix this error? Thanks.

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.12.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.10.3-2021.10.win32_1.0.200.202301161003\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: ./Application/User/gui/SecondScreenPresenter.o:(.rodata._ZTV21SecondScreenPresenter+0x28): undefined reference to `ModelListener::setTime(displayTime_t)'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:93: STM32F746G_DISCO.elf] Error 1
"make -j20 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JTP1
Lead

Good morning

You must change

virtual void setTime(displayTime_t time);

to

virtual void setTime(displayTime_t time){}

in modelListener.hpp. Then you dont have to define SetTime function in every presenter.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcu/touchgfx-uart-to-ui-without-rtos/m-p/58712

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JTP1
Lead

Good morning

You must change

virtual void setTime(displayTime_t time);

to

virtual void setTime(displayTime_t time){}

in modelListener.hpp. Then you dont have to define SetTime function in every presenter.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcu/touchgfx-uart-to-ui-without-rtos/m-p/58712