cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX, stm32f469-disc, adc values to lcd

HHarj.1
Senior

I have a have project where I need to run a test sequence to some analog circuit and then do some measurements and display those results on the LCD. I'm using stm32f469 discovery board, CubeMX 5.4.0 and touchGFX 4.12.3. The measurement works fine, I can get the ADC results stored in an array, but I don't know how do I display them on the screen. I have already watched every single video about the subject I could find on Youtube and followed those but I can't get it working. I have spent now too much time on this and I'm about to give up and use just 2-row LCD...unless someone could give me a proper example of how to do this. Has anyone managed using stm32f469 board? I'm willing to switch to some other board if that would solve the problem. I would be grateful if someone could help me to do this.

-HH

24 REPLIES 24

If you start from CubeMX and use the Generator to generate your CUSTOM HAL (which you could also do for ST display kits, if you wanted) you will of course have an ioc file.

/Martin

That will explain it...I made a big mistake and upgraded the software to the latest versions. Now I can't open the project I have been working on.:persevering_face: And it doesn't let me install the older version..sigh

I'm using the STM32F469-disco board. Hopefully that would be among the next ones you are working on.

Yeah, but CubeMX doesn't generate correct settings for the display. I was hoping that I could use the TouchGFX generated .ioc file which would have the correct settings. Also the cubemx version doesnt let you generate c++ project

Upgrading it to the latest version is fine - What's the issue with that? Yeah 469-DISCO is one of the next ones 🙂

No it doesn't because that's not the responsibility of the Generator OR CubeMX - It does not know anything abouit which display is on your board. You have to create that GPIO configuration yourself UNLESS you start from a pre-configured IOC file which you can find in some of the application templates (v3) from the touchgfx designer.

I think i need to make these workflows more clear in the documentation. There are two workflows:

1. FROM CUBEMX - Start here if you've got a custom board that you want to create a touchgfx project for
  2. FROM DESIGNER - Start here if you're looking to try the simulator OR one of the existing STM32 display kits. We will then (at some point) have complete coverage of CubeMX projects (ioc files) that have all the hardware set up properly through CubeMX (GPIOS, clock settings, etc).

/Martin

nevermind...figured it out and too embarrassed to comment😅

Haha, okay! We'll pretend it didn't happen 😉

I think the confusion comes from this that the CubeMX doesn't configure the LCD board display. When creating the project you can either select the microcontroller for your custom design or then the whole discovery board with an option to default settings. That gave an impression (at least for me) that if I select the discovery board with default settings the display would be set ready to use. TouchGFX being an integrated part of the software and all.

anyway, I look forward that application template for 469-discovery. Can't wait😎

Well i don't blame you sir! The feature "board selector" is a terrible word because all it does is set up the different IPs for that board. It could very well have a complete pack ready, with board drivers, etc.

But, i think its to accommodate people who are basing their design on some board. But, it could be more clear in CubeMX.

/Martin