cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx on custom board blank - searching for proper LTDC settings to get it working

bully
Senior

Hello,

I'm following this great tutorial from here :

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/board-bring-up/how-to/03-display-internal/

and I can't get past this step. Screen is blank and nothing happens...

I have this screen :

ER-TPC050A2-1 5�?Capacitive Touch Panel with Controller , 800x(RGB)x480 Dots 

I've setup framebuffer in internal RAM, but I'm not sure what to put in

LTDC settings in CubeMX, because I don't have data on front/back porch.

It's chinese screen and this data is not specified in short datasheet that I have.

I also cannot determine what would be the apropriate clock setting on MCU for screen to work.

What can I do ?

Is there any procedure that I maybe set "safe" values or are there any recomendation with what values to experiment ?

Any other advice ?

This is my first project in this area and I must be missing something obvious...

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You need to check the datasheet for your display - You need to perform the GPIO configuration for the LTDC, how the RGB lines are connected to the MCU. Then fill in correct porch timings and pixel clock. You must have some schematics for your board?

/Martin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You need to check the datasheet for your display - You need to perform the GPIO configuration for the LTDC, how the RGB lines are connected to the MCU. Then fill in correct porch timings and pixel clock. You must have some schematics for your board?

/Martin

bully
Senior

Thanks @Martin KJELDSEN​ , we have received those settings from manfuactiurer, so Screen is now working...

BTW, you have excellent step by step tutorial for TouchGFX and custom boards...

Bully.

That's awesome to hear :) Good job. And thank you!

/Martin