cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX firmware has a dependency on STM32CubeProgrammer

remodivito
Associate II

Hi,

As the title says the firmware I'm working on, which has been created using TouchGFX, will not work without having STM32CubeProgrammer installed on the system. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be or any drivers etc. that I could maybe use as a dependency instead?
Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist II

@remodivito wrote:

will not work without having STM32CubeProgrammer installed on the system. 

Please explain what you mean by that:

• The code won't build on your host machine?
  • You can't load the code onto your target?
  • The code doesn't run on the target?
  • other?

The program is for updating the firmware. It fails to recognise the ST-Link hardware without CubeProgrammer installed

Perhaps state what board you're using, and which USB connector on that board.

Sounds like it is looking for a driver that STM32 Cube Programmer installs, you could install that driver independently.

Why are you connecting it to a computer? Does it need USB for some other purpose, or just to power the board? If just powering, consider a Charging Only cable, without the data wires.

Depending on board, check for jumpers related to powering options.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

The board is STM32L4R9ZIT6. Hardware engineer did not state which USB connector, and I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say exactly what I'm working with, but my use requires 2 way exchange of data. Essentially I am just looking for a driver that the cube programmer installs yeah. Is there a way of finding out what drivers it does install? I haven't been able to find any sort of list
Thanks

Find the whole driver archive under the STM32 Cube Programmer Install directories.  STM32CubeProgrammer_v2.15.0\Drivers\DFU_Driver\Driver\SignedDrivers ...

Went here  https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeprogrammer-mcus/stm32-device-cannot-be-recognised-without-stm32cubeprogrammer/td-p/634688

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..