cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX dynamic graph

JXu.21
Associate II

we use GraphWrapAndClear and update the graph every 1 second, it works fine. but the problem is after running for long time (over 12 hours), there is some short line flicker on the different part of screen. if we move out of this screen, and come back, the flicker disappeared, every thing is fine again. it seems running longer time cause the problem. Do you have the similar problem? I am using TouchGFX 4.17.  

7 REPLIES 7
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello JXu.2,

Not that I know, never faced such issue. Can you show us some screenshots maybe? Did it happen on this version only or you tried with different version of TouchGFX Designer? Which board do you use?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Hi Osman,
I only used designer 4.17.0 for this project, we have our own custom board with stm32H7a3, 7" color lcd with touch screen (800x480).
It only happens when it runs over night with no interaction, the screen has digit data display, dynamic graph (wrap and clear), and system status indicators, those three all updated every 500ms. After the problem happened, If I go to another screen, then go back to the screen, the problem disappears. This product intends to run in an industry environment non stop for months after setting it up, so we need to fix this problem.
If It runs 8 or 10 hours or so, there is no problem described, it seems that this is not an obvious problem, otherwise it should happens sooner. It only happens when the screen running over longer period of time and something accumulates long enough time that causes issues. We have 3 test units running, they show the similar problem, they all have the lines, even the lines may not be in the same location.
I noticed that dynamic graph X axis label can be come a very large number over time that undesirable to display them, I wonder how TouchGFX handle that internally.
Attached is photo of the screen when problem observed, in normal case there is no horizonal time on the screen.
Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe,

I think the attachment is missing, can you try to send it to us again ?

My idea would be to "refresh" the page with the invalidate function more often.

Let's say you have a screen called Screen1, you can call the invalidate function for your entire screen inside a handleTickEvent that would be called every x ticks.

Something like that :

void Screen1View::handleTickEvent()
{
    tickCount++;
    if ( tickCount % x == 0) {
        Screen1View::invalidate();
    }
}

I think that should work, let me know if that solves your problem.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
Hi Osman,
Thanks for your information, I was thinking the refresh the screen every 4 hours as my last resource, which would work around the problem that I am having, but I still try to figure out what could be the root problem.
Please find the attached the photo of the screen shot.
What do you think of the possible causes of the problem?
Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe,

Sorry, but I still can't see any attachment. To attach a file, use this button :

0693W00000QKXi0QAH.pngI don't have a precise answer to give you, the reason might come from many reasons but more probably hardware related.

And yes, you can try to refresh every 4 hours, I think it would work.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
JXu.21
Associate II

the line flicker appears in non update area of the screen, it seems either the frame buffer gets the unwanted data somehow, or the display itself has some problem. if I refresh the screen or the specific widget (for example, button) from software, it works fine then.

Great ! Happy to hear that it solves the problem 🙂

Osman SOYKURT