cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer No File Specified Error

AN2
Associate II

I am working to create a GUI and am trying to generate code, however, each time I do, I get an error that "The system cannot find the file specified." as TouchGFX tries to generate assets. A colleague of mine has generated the code on his system and it was able to generate all the code. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling TouchGFX, yet that did not solve the issue, and would love guidance on how to fix this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

You said you were able to reproduce the steps and get the same result but then you say you are not able to generate code but generating code is part of the steps.
It is generating the code which adds the framework folder.

Please, find the imageconvert folder attached to this message, maybe you can just add it to your project if for some reasons it is the only file that is missing.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @AN2 ,

It seems your environment is wrong for some reason.

Maybe you did not properly install TouchGFX and its dependencies.

I invite you to follow this guide to make sure you follow the proper steps: How to TouchGFX: Installing TouchGFX 
Here are the links to the softwares:
st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html
st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeide.html
st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html
st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-touchgfx.html

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
AN2
Associate II

Thank you for the quick response! I downloaded the files and it seems to still have this error pop up. I followed the tutorial, but am still receiving this image file not specified error.

1) Can you go to "Config", "Build" and check what is in "Generate Assets Command" such as :

GaetanGodart_0-1721203443027.png

2) Are you using a custom board?

3) Can you try to create a new project directly from TouchGFX Designer and look what is in "Generate Assets Command". For instance, click on "Create new", then type "u5g" and select a STM32U5G9J-DK2 board.

4) Can you check that you have the converters : using-ides-with-touchgfx#asset-generation 

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
AN2
Associate II

Hi, 

The generate assets command is the same as yours: make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8. The board I am working on is a custom board and when I create a new project from the designer, this is in the box for Generate Assets Command: make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8. Also, I do not see a framework folder inside my touchgfx folder which would contain the converters. What is the process of adding this?

I have created a brand new project from STM32CubeMX.
Selected a random board (Nucleo-401).
GO to Middleware, enable TouchGFX, then activate it like so : enabling-touchgfx-generator 
Enable CRC as well.
Generate code using STML32CubeIDE toolchain (basically GCC), uncheck "generate under root".
Then I open the .touchgfx.part file, select "Blank UI", click the "Generate code" button.
From there, the folder "Middleware" is created with the TouchGFX framework, 3rd party, lib and OS.

Are you able to reproduce those steps and get the same result?

If you followed the installation steps, there shouldn't be any issue there.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

I was able to reproduce the steps and get the same result! Yet, for some reason I am still not able to generate the code, are there additional steps that I need to take? I see that there is no imageconvert folder, only a textconvert and videoconvert, is there a way to add imageconvert?

GaetanGodart
ST Employee

You said you were able to reproduce the steps and get the same result but then you say you are not able to generate code but generating code is part of the steps.
It is generating the code which adds the framework folder.

Please, find the imageconvert folder attached to this message, maybe you can just add it to your project if for some reasons it is the only file that is missing.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

Thank you for your help, I was able to get it to work!

I am glad to hear that !😊

Gaetan Godart