cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer - Changing Ellipsis character in Designer doesn't produce any effect

MB.1
Associate II

Hi there,

as stated in the subject, it looks like the "Table_" fonts files are not updated when the ellispsis charaters are changed in the designer typographies tab. As a result the structures "static touchgfx::GeneratedFont" are not inited with the proper ellipsis characters.

Is this a bug or I'm missing something?

I'm using Designer v4.16.1

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you share a demo or screenshots facing this issue ? Or give more info so that I can try to replicate it.

/Romain

MB.1
Associate II

Hi Romain,

I changed the "Ellipsis Character" from '.' to '?' and generated the code (note that there is no "blue point" beside the "Generate Code" button)

0693W00000AMtJbQAL.png 

In spite of that, the generated font is still inited with the '.' as the ellipsis character. As you can see in the screenshot below, the twelfth parameter of the

static touchgfx::GeneratedFont Roboto_Bold_18_4bpp

is still equal to 46 == 0x2E == '.'

0693W00000AMtJlQAL.png 

Thank you for reporting this 👍 I will investigate a bit and forward it to the team.

/Romain

MB.1
Associate II

You're welcome Romain.

I know it's not properly relevant to the subject but i want to seize the opportunity and clarify the behaviour of the ellipsis in the Wide Text Actions.

From the documentation:

- WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP: Wrap between words, ellipsis anywhere "Very long t...".

- WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP_ELLIPSIS_AFTER_SPACE: Wrap between words, ellipsis anywhere only after space "Very long ...".

- WIDE_TEXT_CHARWRAP_DOUBLE_ELLIPSIS:Wrap between any two characters, double ellipsis anywhere, as used in Chinese.

Nevertheless, what I get is:

- WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP -> "Very long t."

- WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP_ELLIPSIS_AFTER_SPACE -> "Very long ."

- WIDE_TEXT_CHARWRAP_DOUBLE_ELLIPSIS -> "Very long t.."

It seems that the text is truncated and just one instance of the ellipsis character is placed (two instances in case of WIDE_TEXT_CHARWRAP_DOUBLE_ELLIPSIS).

From my understanding the ellipsis should be a sequence made of three instances of the ellipsis character, am I misunderstanding something or is the implemented behaviour odd?

MB.1
Associate II

@Romain DIELEMAN​  any consideration in relation to this last topic?

ypiotrp
Senior

Hi!

I don't know if the ellipsis character should be repeated three times as @MB.1​ says above, but I found the solution 🙂

Just use the ellipsis character "…" instead of ".". Works for me 🙂