cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer 4.21.3: gcc/makefile_cm7:368: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed makefile_cm7:49: recipe for target 'all' failed ../../gcc/Makefile:10: recipe for target 'flash' failed

Krautermann
Senior II

I just installed TouchGFX Designer 4.21.3 yesterday and now whenever I try to run simulator or run target I get these errors:

gcc/makefile_cm7:403: recipe for target 'CM7/TouchGFX/build/STM32H745I_DISCO/CM7/TouchGFX/gui/src/main_screen/mainView.o' failed
        make[3]: *** [CM7/TouchGFX/build/STM32H745I_DISCO/CM7/TouchGFX/gui/src/main_screen/mainView.o] Error 1
        make[3]: Leaving directory 'c:/Users/o.sang/Documents/TouchGFX/MyApplication_3'
        gcc/makefile_cm7:368: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed
        make[2]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2
        make[2]: Leaving directory 'c:/Users/o.sang/Documents/TouchGFX/MyApplication_3'
        makefile_cm7:49: recipe for target 'all' failed
        make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
        make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/o.sang/Documents/TouchGFX/MyApplication_3/gcc'
        ../../gcc/Makefile:10: recipe for target 'flash' failed
        make: *** [flash] Error 2
        Failed
    Failed

I check other posts in the ST community but there were no answers to solve my problem. I used STM32 Programmer and was able to connect with my STM32H745I-disco board, so ST-Link is working fine!

This is my configuration for the build:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bilnzQAA.pngCould someone please help solve this problem?

14 REPLIES 14
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Krautermann,

I've tried on my side to run a project based on the  STM32H745I-disco board and it works fine both on the simulator and on target.

Your build configuration looks ok to me (doesn't seems that you changed from the default value did you?). Also, have you tried with an empty project?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi @Osman SOYKURT​ 

I did not change anything in the build configuration. I do not dare to touch these, because I know something bad will happen.

I have tried with another new project and it works fine. Actually the problem still exists. I opened a demo example and try to run it on target and the same problem occurs. This error about recipe for target 'all' failed has happened multiple times since I started using TouchGFX. And I am sure that I will face this problem again in the future, therefore a solution to this problem will be highly appreciated! :pensive_face: Any advice?

Hello Krautermann,

Something might get wrong when you generate code, but I'm not sure. Can you send me your project? I'll try it on my computer (trying to figure out if it's your "environment" which causes the issue, or if it's the project itself).

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

Okay @Osman SOYKURT​ , I will send you my project but noob question; how do I send you my project? Which files should I send and how?

You can zip your entire project folder and send it to me in PM.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

@Osman SOYKURT​ I have sent you my project as zip file. Thank you.

Krautermann
Senior II

I opened a new project, a demo example for the STM32H745I Disco board: Smart home demo and I get the same problem again!

gcc/makefile_cm7:368: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

makefile_cm7:49: recipe for target 'all' failed

../../gcc/Makefile:10: recipe for target 'flash' failed

Of course, recipe for target 'flash' failed, because the executable has not been created.

Something went wrong with compilation or gcc failed to start.

Are there any error messages from gcc or a log file?

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Krautermann,

I've tried the project you sent me, but it did work on my side. So, I'm suspecting maybe an issue with your environment. Which version of Windows do you use? Can you send me the full log when you try to run on target + when you run on simulator.

Also, could you send us your log file located at: C:\Users\YOUR_USE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.21.3\TouchGFXDesigner

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT