cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX + CAN usage

JM4
Associate II

Hlo i have to make a temperature sensor in which i have to take input from Can netwrok and change the slide progressor to the value which should be indicated. 

can anyone help me in this task as i am new using this all things it willl be really appriciated 

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure anyone's going to do your homework assignments. Have you tried FIVERR, or you immediate supervisor?

What board and model of STM32 are we talking about here?

Can you display the values that you want if you just output a series?

Do you have any of the CAN bus code working and functioning independently of the TouchGFX. You might want to establish that the SW/HW functions properly first.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Tesla DeLorean wrote:

Not sure anyone's going to do your homework assignments. Have you tried FIVERR, or you immediate supervisor?

What board and model of STM32 are we talking about here?

Can you display the values that you want if you just output a series?

Do you have any of the CAN bus code working and functioning independently of the TouchGFX. You might want to establish that the SW/HW functions properly first.

I am working on STM32H735 board and I am able to display values on the board which I am stuck at the code part and CAN bus part. My mentor does not know much about he said we have to figure it out . My team is working on EV vehicle 

Hello @JM4 ,

I have not worked with CAN bus personally, but if you got it up and running then I can refer you to some documentations that helps you set up the connection between your sensor and your Graphical User Interface (GUI). TouchGFX already has a slider widget that you can take advantage of to show the temperature values. You can read about it here. Then, you need to read the values from the hardware and send it to you GUI, this process is explained thoroughly here
In addition, you can get inspiration from the Board Specific Demo available for STM32H735G-DK, so you can observe how communication between the frontend and backend is handled:

STM32H735G-DK Board Specific DemoSTM32H735G-DK Board Specific Demo

I hope this helps you, don't hesitate to ask more questions 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

First you need to learn how to receive CAN data. ST has example code.

Do you know the CAN ID that has temperature? Do you know the conversion of the data to a Celsius value?

Once you get that down you can just temporarily display that value over UART for verification.

When you get that all working then you can use that same data and pass the value to the Model->Presenter->View.

You can specify the range for the slider. Convert the Celsius value to a slider range value maybe by using interpolation?

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.