cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Panel 7inch can't run with TouchGFX

HAnh
Associate III

I have make a customize Board using STM32F746 base on STM32F746-Disco board. but i'm using TFT 7inch with capacitor touch panel using IC FT5425.

I have tested with touch panel base on example in BSP folder of STM32Cube. it run normaly. that mean FT5246 Touch on myboard same FT5336 Touch on STM32F746-Disco.

But when i combine it in the touchGFX it can't run, although i edit and fit Touch size = 800x480

You can see my issue at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTGpPzTiMxs&t=1s or attached file.

I hope some expect can help me solve this problem, this i project very important for me.

Thanks and best regards.

1 REPLY 1
N. SANTINI
ST Employee

Hi,

This looks more like a global congestion of the memory bus to me than only a touch panel issue.

Indeed the touch panel seems to work, but the refresh of the framebuffer does not seem correct.

Could you give a detail description of your setup ?

800x480 definition display, but in 16 or 24 bits ? I would suggest 16 bits for this definition to reduce the memory bandwidth if your display supports it.

How many frame buffers ? 1, 2, 3 (I guess so for the slide animation)

Where are they located ? In same memory bank ? Did you check the following application note on performances AN4861 ?

Best regards,

Nicolas