cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not showing on new system - TouchGFX

PontusL
Associate III

Hi!

I am having an issue with getting my TouchGFX project up and running on my new system. I have a custom board using an STM32H7 MCU on which I am currently running my application. Now I am trying to get my project to run on another custom board, using the same MCU, but on this one, textareas are glitching and not showing. 

The two boards have separate CubeMX files, so what I've done is that I've imported the GUI from the old board to the new one in TouchGFX Designer using Edit -> Import -> GUI, and it looks to have been successful. But when I run my application on my new board, text is not showing properly. Either they are gone/have disappeared or they are glitching and only showing parts of letters. What can be wrong here? Is it something with the textareas itself? Could I have done something wrong transferring the settings in CubeMX (they look correct)? I am using TouchGFX Designer 4.22. 

New system screen:

Screen_new_not_working.png

Old working system with expected output:

Screen_old_working_system.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to fix my issue!

My assets was to big so I could not move them to internal flash. So I tried disabling Dcache but that messed with my LWIP implementation. But it lead me to read more about cache in TouchGFX documentation here: 2. CPU Running | TouchGFX Documentation

This lead me to check my linkerscript where I found a some differences between my old and new system which I forgot to address

Thanks for you help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JTP1
Lead

Hello Pontus

Have you check the Text configuration- options (under 'config'), is there any difference between your projects. Also Texts -> Typographies is worth of comparing.

Are you able to run your project in simulator, are the texts working there ?

Br JTP

Hi,

There are no differences between my projects when it comes to the Config -> Text Configuration options. 

The projects are using the same texts.xml file hence having the same text ids and typographies. Or rather, the new project has a copy of the old projects texts.xml asset file.

I am struggling with getting my new project up and running in the simulator, so I can't confirm it is working there as of now. But for my old project, texts are shown as expected in the simulator.

Pontus

I've now gotten the simulator working and in which texts are shown properly! 

Hence the issue is related to the hardware somehow. I am out of ideas.

Ok, few things to test come to my mind:

Are you using external flash for text resources/fonts, test with internal flash only. 

Disable Dcache if it is enabled.

Add new text resource with some new typography, is it working ?

Confirm that problem is only related to texts, images and drawn objects work. Touch handling works ?

I was able to fix my issue!

My assets was to big so I could not move them to internal flash. So I tried disabling Dcache but that messed with my LWIP implementation. But it lead me to read more about cache in TouchGFX documentation here: 2. CPU Running | TouchGFX Documentation

This lead me to check my linkerscript where I found a some differences between my old and new system which I forgot to address

Thanks for you help!