cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747i-DISCO 16-bit framebuffer in TouchGFX 4.17.0?

IKlas.1
Associate

So I just got my STM32H747i-DISCO dev board and have been messing around with TouchGFX. I'm having trouble configuring the project in STMCubeMX and TouchGFX Designer to use a 16bit RGB565 framebuffer. If I select anything besides RGB888/24bit I get a distorted image with static bars on the screen. So 24bit works fine but 16bit does not.

I've tried setting the LTDC Display Type and Framebuffer Pixel Format in STMCubeMX to RGB565 and Color Depth in TouchGFX Designer to 16bit but that isnt enough. I've attached the various settings I've tried changing in STMCubeMX.

I think this display should support a 16bit framebuffer since a demo project in an older version of TouchGFX was using a 16bit framebuffer.

1 REPLY 1
MM..1
Chief II

When you generate or use generated project for one config , when change sometimes need delete folder target before generate new code from ioc.

For example project 24bit you open ioc and change all to 16bit or L8 . Before close and generate delete all files in target folder and subfolder... After this too reopen touchgfx template part and regenerate.

Too BSP init need changes and or define some constants...