cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747-DISCO with TouchGFX 4.14.0

EnricoP
Associate III

Good morning,

I'm using a discovery board STM32H747-DISCO.

Why, Touchgfx don't generate the project .ioc, to import in CUBE IDE?

Instead, if I select another board (for example STM32F7508-DK) , when generate code, the compiler buil also .ioc file.

I have also installed the last version 4.14.0 of TouchGFX, but the problem persist.

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20
GOtté.1
Associate II

Hi. Any idea if this is still the case with TouchGFX 4.16 and CubeMX 6.1.1 released last December?

I want to start developing on the STM32H747-DISCO, but want to be sure that all the tools are working together as it should be. Thnx!

Hello.

I haven't checked if the newest versions of the tools are now better supporting TouchGFX on H747. But you may check what Alexandre wrote a few posts above (the one with the screenshot). If you create a TouchGFX-app with the designer, the app-template-version should be 3.x.x then MX will support it.

Regards

HB.

Hi,

I have answered this in another post :

With the release of CubeMX 6.1 dual core projects handle additional softwares. The TouchGFX team is currently working on having the TouchGFX Generator support dual cores. There are no estimated delivery date I am aware of unfortunately (actually we hope for the end of January). The v3 of the application template for that board will most likely come after that, but at least you will be able to work on your own with CubeMX and TouchGFX on dual core boards before the AT updates.

EDIT: the v3.0.0 of the AT does not contain a CubeMX project yet. The v3 I was refering to was v3.x

/Romain

Hi All,

I checked with the new TouchGFX 4.16, it does not create and Cube IDE project files.

It would be really nice to have some statement from ST. When will this be available?

Regards

Hey HP

Would it be possible for you to make this example project you made available?

I would really save some time.

Regards

Lukas

HBCH
Associate II

Sorry, its a drect reply to this:

Hey HP

Would it be possible for you to make this example project you made available?

I would really save some time.

Regards

Lukas

Hello Lukas.

I would do this but the project also contains proprietary code from the company I'm working for and I can't publish this as you surely will understand. I can remove the code it but I need some time, so please be patient.

Regards

HP

Hey HP

Of course I understand 😉 but maybe its not so hard to remove it. The I really would appreciate it!

Otherwise maybe ST could provide some example??

Hi,

Forgive me for the confusion, the application template v3.0.0 for the H747-dk board available in TouchGFX Designer does not contain a CubeMX project. This v3.0.0 version was already up when I wrote the previous message, I misspoke and did not clarify that i was referring to a coming v3.x version. We are still working on having the TouchGFX Generator support dual cores. There are still no estimated delivery date but there will be an announcement when available.

/Romain

Hello,

it seems that also with version 3.0.0 for H747Disco there is no the possibility to create *.ioc file. Can you confirm that?

I'm using TouchGFX Designer 4.16.0.

0693W00000AOKxzQAH.pngThank you

Hi,

Yes the ioc has not been implemented in the v3.0.0 as we wished due to issues with STM32CubeMX and dual core support. It will be with the next version we are working on (most likely 3.0.1). It should be release along TouchGFX 4.17.

/Romain