cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 JPEG Encoding does not work with DMA

MCiau.1
Associate

I'm trying to run the JPEG_EncodingFromFLASH_DMA example and the HAL_JPEG_GetDataCallback & HAL_JPEG_DataReadyCallback never executed.

If I try the polling method, the process is successful.

I've disabled the D-Cache & I-Cache.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

@MCiau.1​ Hi again,

Could you provide more details where it crashes? Status of JPEG registers after HAL_JPEG_Init(); would help as well.

For a while I thought of another issue. but this example is working fine for me on Discovery H747.

Thank you for your contribution.

Firas

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @MCiau.1​ and welcome to ST Community

Could you specify the STM32H7 board used? Disco/EVAL?

Thanks

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MCiau.1
Associate

Hello @F.Belaid​ , thank you for your help.

I'm using the Portenta H7 board which is based on the STM32H747XI MCU.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get JPEG to work with DMA Mode?

Regards!

Hello @MCiau.1​,

Issue tracked internally. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

FBL
ST Employee

@MCiau.1​ Hi again,

Could you provide more details where it crashes? Status of JPEG registers after HAL_JPEG_Init(); would help as well.

For a while I thought of another issue. but this example is working fine for me on Discovery H747.

Thank you for your contribution.

Firas