cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-Disco, GFX

ADębs.1
Senior

Hi

What is the difference between the Click, Touch, Toggle buttons?

Andrzej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The ToggleButtonTrigger.hpp file is found in Middlewares\ST\touchgfx\framework\include\touchgfx\containers\buttons\ToggleButtonTrigger.hpp

The "When Screen Transition Ends" trigger is the new name for what was previously called "When Screen Entered". This means that whatever you wish to do will start after you have finished going to another screen.

The "When Screen Transition Begins" trigger will trigger an action at the start of the transition from a screen to another.

So the difference is just if you wish to have the action take place before or after the transition has started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

I believe you are looking at the different trigger options of a Flex button ?

• The Click button is a button that reacts on click, which means that it will call the set action when the button is released.
  • The Touch button is a button that reacts on touches, which means that it will call the set action when you first press/touch the button (and not when released)
  • The Toggle button is a button that will be either in a pressed state or "normal" state, with the corresponding images.

You can read more about this in either the documentation on buttons, or directly through the generated code (for example in ToggleButtonTrigger.hpp or ClickButtonTrigger.hpp)

/Romain

Thank you.

I get it. Where can I find the ToggleButtonTrigger.hpp file?

How they work: Screen transition begins a how screen transition ends?

Andrzej

The ToggleButtonTrigger.hpp file is found in Middlewares\ST\touchgfx\framework\include\touchgfx\containers\buttons\ToggleButtonTrigger.hpp

The "When Screen Transition Ends" trigger is the new name for what was previously called "When Screen Entered". This means that whatever you wish to do will start after you have finished going to another screen.

The "When Screen Transition Begins" trigger will trigger an action at the start of the transition from a screen to another.

So the difference is just if you wish to have the action take place before or after the transition has started.

ADębs.1
Senior

Thanks for the precise explanation.

Andrzej