cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] TouchGFX engine state flags

VLau
Associate III

Hey!

Which function should I use to check if the TouchGFX engine is in "drawing next frame to RAM" state and which one to check if "next frame is ready in RAM"?

I got following setup on mikromedia Plus board: STM32F407 -> SSD1963 -> TFT 480x272. TFT connected to SSD1963 with RGB interface and MCU connected to SSD1963 with custom parallel 8080 interface (implemented as simple bit-bang).

I was able to set up TouchGFX with "partial frame buffer strategy", everything's working. But the narrow part is the MCU interface, so the slow filling of the display is visible with naked eye when I change image on the whole display.

Now, my goal is to implement double buffering, but on SSD1963 side.

It has 1215Kb avaliable for frame buffer. My TFT requires 480x272x2 byte = 255 Kb, so it is possible to arrange two framebuffers within SSD1963.

So what I'm gonna do is to modify existing project to be able to "swap" those buffers when frames are ready to transfer to display to avoid tearing and slow filling the display.

My second question is how to choose correctly number of blocks and block size in partial buffer strategy tab in CubeMX? For example 4 blocks of 10000 bytes would be equal to 1 block of 40000 bytes in terms of speed and when should I choose this or that?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VLau
Associate III

Ok, just found out that double buffering is not possible on this board. In order to swap 2 framebuffers on ssd I need one whole framebuffer on MCU side, F407 doesn't have enough RAM for this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VLau
Associate III

Ok, just found out that double buffering is not possible on this board. In order to swap 2 framebuffers on ssd I need one whole framebuffer on MCU side, F407 doesn't have enough RAM for this.