cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator exits prematurely

Hello, if I create a partial project from CubeMX, open it in TouchGFX designer, add a button and run the simulator, nothing happens. The simulator executable is built correctly, but it exits immediately with no errors reported.

15 REPLIES 15

Could you help with other issues our UI engineer has found:-

1. Cannot export screens as PNG files.
  2. Can simulator rebuild time be optimised?
  3. Can’t add or select already installed font Noto Sans for text typography.
  4. Clickable items have to be buttons. Want to be able to click on text that doesn’t have a border.

Hi,

What do you mean by export screens as PNG files? What are you aiming to do? Like a screenshot?

For the font issue, what did you try? Where did you "install it"? The documentation might help you handle fonts and textArea widgets..

Anything drawn can be clickable. Have a look at how handleClickEvent works, or at the ClickListener mixin class.

/Romain

Hi Romain,

1. Yes, for a screenshot of each screen design

3. New OTF fonts installed and useable in other Windows applications. It looks like you only support TTF fonts, which is a showstopper for me.

4. Thanks, will try that

Still a bit confused about the screenshot thing, press F3 to take a screenshot, it will be placed under the screenshots folder. Or why don't you use the snipping tool?

The Font converter tool accepts ttf but also otf and bdf. Did you add your font to the right folder ?

Thanks, screenshots via simulator is fine. Was expecting direct export from designer along with code.

Windows Font Settings indicate that it installed the files to c:\User\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts, rather than C:\Windows\Fonts (even though they are listed in C:\Windows\Fonts). It's repeatable if you download one from https://www.google.com/get/noto/#sans-hans. The expectation is that all system fonts are available in the combo box in the designer. I manually copied the installed .otf font files into the assets/fonts folder, restarted the designer and it worked (according to https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/ui-development/touchgfx-engine-features/texts-and-fonts/#the-font-converter). It feels like a bug that some of the system fonts are not available by default.