cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"How can I interface the STM32F769-DISCO board with an ECG module's library to display data?"

jr_engr_mbed
Associate III

Hi ST team,

I'm currently using the STM32F769-DISCO board for testing purposes with a 12-lead ECG module, specifically the  ECG module. I have the library for this module available.

My goal is to integrate this library with the STM32F769 board using TouchGFX. The ECG module receives raw ECG data and converts it to serial UART output. I need to receive this data in the RX buffer and then plot it on a dynamic graph representing the ECG wave.

To ensure the correct acquisition of data from the module, I need assistance in testing the initial UART data output. I have attached the module's library and datasheet for reference. Could you please provide guidance on how to approach this?

I appreciate your prompt response as I'm eagerly awaiting assistance. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @jr_engr_mbed ,

From what I understood you have a sensor (ECG module) and you want to control it with an STM board.
The sensor uses UART as communication.
You are not able to control the sensor yet and this is what you want to solve.

You posted on the TouchGFX forum, which might not be the most suitable for hardware/sensor related questions but I can try to put you on the right path.

You should be able to find the documentation of the module you bough online or from your seller. This will allow you to know the initialization sequence, etc to start your sensor and to know how to get the data.
If you have trouble using ST's UART, there are great tutorials online such as : ST UART playlist 

Once you are able to fetch the data in your main.c file, you can transfer those data to the TouchGFX GUI by using the MVP architecture.
Find our MVP documentation here : MVP design pattern 
Find a ST video on how to interface with hardware : video interface with hardware 
Find a video about getting UART data to the GUI : get UART data to GUI 

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You've tried to float this project several times, I'm not sure there's a lot of interest. Find a local mentor or contractor to work with you. Or seek training, to breakdown the task, and utilize existing examples. 

Interfacing with a UART and decoding/implementing the protocol from documentation seem like a pretty basic skill. Perhaps take smaller bites rather than broad projects that exceed your current skillset.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @jr_engr_mbed ,

From what I understood you have a sensor (ECG module) and you want to control it with an STM board.
The sensor uses UART as communication.
You are not able to control the sensor yet and this is what you want to solve.

You posted on the TouchGFX forum, which might not be the most suitable for hardware/sensor related questions but I can try to put you on the right path.

You should be able to find the documentation of the module you bough online or from your seller. This will allow you to know the initialization sequence, etc to start your sensor and to know how to get the data.
If you have trouble using ST's UART, there are great tutorials online such as : ST UART playlist 

Once you are able to fetch the data in your main.c file, you can transfer those data to the TouchGFX GUI by using the MVP architecture.
Find our MVP documentation here : MVP design pattern 
Find a ST video on how to interface with hardware : video interface with hardware 
Find a video about getting UART data to the GUI : get UART data to GUI 

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)