cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to use a data base

CClém.2
Associate

Hi everyone!

The TouchGFX environment seems to be a powerful UI SW but I was wondering if it is possible to display values stored in a text (or other extention) file which is updated by Wi-Fi for example and stored into the memory. This so called data base is intended to grow so it has no fixed size.

My question is: is it possible with TouchGFX to use a data base without recompiling the UI when the data base has been updated?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Have a nice day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Caroline Clément​,

Yes, that's possible. In your general application (non-gui) you would keep a file on e.g. SD-card/FatFS or just some struct in memory. You can then have your screens load that data when they start up by reading the file/memory. You can also signal to them to display any value that is registered through Wifi directly (also updating the file)

/Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Please have a look at the backend communication article. I have never tried projects with wifi but as long as you are able to update the values stored and can successfully configure the communication, then TouchGFX can receive and display the data (I suppose in your case at runtime).

/Romain

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Caroline Clément​,

Yes, that's possible. In your general application (non-gui) you would keep a file on e.g. SD-card/FatFS or just some struct in memory. You can then have your screens load that data when they start up by reading the file/memory. You can also signal to them to display any value that is registered through Wifi directly (also updating the file)

/Martin