Hello,

I am doing these steps:

• I made a new project
  • added a button with a random image and a text label
  • compiled and executed
  • opened the project in stm32cubeide
  • added into the project some libraries that I am using to read sensors
  • compiled and executed on the target with stm32cubeide
  • Removed the button compiled and executed with stm32cubeide [ERROR: make: *** No rule to make target '../Application/User/generated/image_Dark_Slider_Vertical_Medium_Slider3_Vertical_fill.cpp', needed by 'Application/User/generated/image_Dark_Slider_Vertical_Medium_Slider3_Vertical_fill.o'. Stop.]
  • but if I compile with touchgfx to the target, it works without errors.

Touchgfx 4.17.0

stm32cubeide Version: 1.6.1

How I can dig into the problem?

I also tried to regenerate the code and update the ioc file.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AAdam.2
Associate II

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the feedback. Well after I wrote that I figured.. HEY!!, I'm not going to let this thing beat me, and I better figure it out incase it happens again (which is a pretty safe bet probably). All I ended up having to do was go into application/user/generated/ and delete the .cpp files that were associated with the removed images from tGFX designer. They were obvious because then were marked with a '!'. The files were completed empty, but still in the file system.

Is there a way to "clean" the code generated from TouchGFX Designer directly, or can it only be done through the CUBE IDE?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MM..1
Chief II

Explain more Removed the button compiled and executed with stm32cubeide

Zu
Associate II

I removed the button with that background (image_Dark_Slider_Vertical_Medium_Slider3_Vertical_fill) from touchgfx by clicking on it and pressing CANC.

It works in simulation using touchgfx but then gives the error when I compile the project from stm32cubeide

Zu
Associate II

I updated Stm32Cube from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0 and this problem is solved, but do not know what is the cause.

AAdam.2
Associate II

I'm running version 1.7 and the same thing happened. no clue how to fix it. I guess I'll just start fresh again. Touch gfx is cool, but there is a lot happening in the background, so when things break you are pretty much SOL.

Hi,

The way I fix this is usually by opening the .project in notepad++ (or other code editor) and look for the lines related to that images that were removed and that cause issues. I then delete them. I am unsure if it is a STM32CubeIDE or a TouchGFX issue where this is not properly cleaned, I'll ask around again. I do't always face it but it is really annoying when I do I won't lie 😅.

/Romain

AAdam.2
Associate II

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the feedback. Well after I wrote that I figured.. HEY!!, I'm not going to let this thing beat me, and I better figure it out incase it happens again (which is a pretty safe bet probably). All I ended up having to do was go into application/user/generated/ and delete the .cpp files that were associated with the removed images from tGFX designer. They were obvious because then were marked with a '!'. The files were completed empty, but still in the file system.

Is there a way to "clean" the code generated from TouchGFX Designer directly, or can it only be done through the CUBE IDE?