cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TouchGFX text doesn't show up in IAR

RPett.2
Associate II

We have been having this issue for a while. We are in TouchGFX version 4.19.1 (but it seems to be an issue in most versions). For a while we were able to add text in touchgfx and everything worked great. Then after a while TouchGFX wouldn't create the text bitmap in BitmapDatabase.hpp. When the text is added to a screen it would say the bitmap isn't defined, which makes sense since new text isn't showing up in the bitmap database. I can add new text boxes to screens with words that were added before things stopped working. So it seems to me like some disconnect occurred with generating the BitmapDatabase. I was wondering if you know of a configuration file that points to BitmapDatabase and it may be generating things in the wrong place now or if this could be a different issue

8 REPLIES 8
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @RPett.2​ ,

Is it possible for you to share your project, so we can more easily debug it ?

Thanks,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
MM..1
Chief II

Texts was never be connected with bitmap database. And if you use IDs you miss.

IDs is only enums , that some enums bitmap is equal to enums in texts...

RPett.2
Associate II

Hey Yoann I'm a contractor for this company project so I don't think I can share the actual code. I could share any config files though?

RPett.2
Associate II

It worked fine for an older project in TouchGFX 4.10. For this project we upgraded the project to the 4.19.1 version. It would add text from touchgfx semi often, but for the last month or so I can't get it to add new text ever

MM..1
Chief II

Why not 4.20

RPett.2
Associate II

So the weird thing is now I switched to 4.20 and it created all the text and I can now use all of it as well. It only worked the initial time after I upgraded versions. Now when I make more text in the new touchgfx it doesn't make the new ones

RPett.2
Associate II

This isn't exactly a fix, but now I can reliably create new text by making everything I want in touchgfx 4.19.1, copying the project to a new folder, then running the copied project in touchgfx 4.20

MM..1
Chief II

Primary why you need many texts? Normal use is cretae one wildcard for every font type and size. Nothing more.