cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from TouchGFX 4.13 project to 4.15 prevents original user added imagery that was in (_designer) folder from being assignable to controls in 4.15 Designer

HGran.1
Associate II

Good Morning,

I have a project created in TouchGFX 4.13 with user images that were automatically placed into a folder named _designer. Although 4.15 can display those images in the Images tab, they are not assignable to any newly added controls. They don't even show up in the image selection UI (The original controls image bindings still work, but can't assign them to newly added controls.

I found by renaming the _designer folder to Designer, and relaunching, the user image assets work fine again.

Am I correct to assume that TouchGFX 4.15 internally uses some unpublished folder name/prefix information to restrict UI visibility?

If so, is there a list of other hardcoded folder names, prefixes that have non-standard functionality in TouchGFX 4.15?

Thanks,

Heather

2 REPLIES 2
Bob Bailey
Senior

is there a guide to migrating? I am getting ready to do this (4.13 to 4.15)

Thanks,

Bob Bailey

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

I personally migrated a UI from 4.13 to 4.15 and everything was fine.

Can you try deleting the _designer before trying the migration ?

If it does not resolve the problem, could you elaborate ? Because I'm not sure I follow your point otherwise.

/Alexandre