cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Korean output not working using Unicode::snprintf()

Hwoo-
Associate II

Hello,

I want to print Korean in <value> of wild card

The encoding used in CubeIDE is attached as a picture file.

The touchGFX version we use is 4.16​.

The initial value entered in wildcard is normally output as "정지".

​(textArea and Typographies images are attached.)

"Unicode::snprintf(textMasterAirflowBuffer, TEXTMASTERAIRFLOW_SIZE, "STOP");" -> "STOP" is output.

Unicode::snprintf(textMasterAirflowBuffer, TEXTMASTERAIRFLOW_SIZE, "정지"); -> Fallback Character is output.

Unicode::snprintf(textMasterAirflowBuffer, TEXTMASTERAIRFLOW_SIZE, "%s", "정지"); -> Fallback Character is output.

How can I get Korea to be printed on the LCD normally?

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

You need to add in the Typographies settings the Korean characters or range of characters you will use (just add 정지 in the "Wildcard Characters "tab for example in your case). This step is necessary otherwise TouchGFX will just return the fallback character.

Make sure also that your font handles Korean, I used on my side the Noto Serif KR version because Verdana would not handle 정지.

/Romain

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

You need to add in the Typographies settings the Korean characters or range of characters you will use (just add 정지 in the "Wildcard Characters "tab for example in your case). This step is necessary otherwise TouchGFX will just return the fallback character.

Make sure also that your font handles Korean, I used on my side the Noto Serif KR version because Verdana would not handle 정지.

/Romain

Hwoo-
Associate II

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply because I was working on another project.

Thanks for the reply.

​Best regards,