cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is vertical swipe possible in Touch GFX Designer?

TN
Associate II

Hi, I have a question about the swipe operation in the TouchGFX Designer.
There is a function called swipe container, but even if you check it on the demo screen, you can only find horizontal swipe.
I would like to know how to enable vertical swipe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TN ,
It's not possible to use the swipe container vertically yet, but we'll consider adding this feature in a future version of TouchGFX. The widgets that allow vertical swipes are the scrollable container, the scroll wheel and the scroll list for the moment. 

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @TN,

Could you provide more precisions on what you wanna with this vertical swipe, like what do you want to apply it to ?

In any case, for detecting a swipe in any direction, I'd recommend you to use the handleDragEvent() event. That will enable you to get the starting and ending X and Y coordinates of the drag, and with those info you can determine if it is a horizontal or vertical swipe.

Yoann KLEIN

Thank you for answering, @Yoann KLEIN . I understand that vertical swipe judgment is possible.

What I want to do is to realize the vertical version of the swipe container as shown below.

Swipe Container | TouchGFX Documentation 4.18

But I couldn't find a parameter to change the orientation of the page.

TN
Associate II

If possible, please tell me one more thing about the swipe function. When you open the home screen of the iPhone, you can move the arrangement of the icons freely by pressing and holding the icon. Is it possible to achieve this same operation with buttons in TouchGFX?

Hello @TN ,
It's not possible to use the swipe container vertically yet, but we'll consider adding this feature in a future version of TouchGFX. The widgets that allow vertical swipes are the scrollable container, the scroll wheel and the scroll list for the moment. 

Osman SOYKURT

Yes it's possible to move elements. In TouchGFX if you enable the "Draggable" mixin, you'll be able to move elements. 

OsmanSOYKURT_0-1694383055613.png

Osman SOYKURT

Thank you for your answer regarding vertical swipe and drag, @Osman SOYKURT .
I was able to resolve many questions.
I'm looking forward to the vertical swipe update.