cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a module to link a MIPI module to a DCMI module?

CCast.2
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am working on a camera project, I am a beginner with STM32 and camera modules. I am using a MIPI module on Raspberry and I would now like to use it with an STM32, the problem is that with STM it is the DCMI protocol that is used. Could you tell me if you know of an existing component that allows the MIPI -> DCMI link? 

Thank you in advance and have a nice day! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @CCast.2​ ,

I recommend you this Application Note : Introduction to digital camera interface (DCMI) for STM32 MCUs - Application note

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @CCast.2​ ,

I recommend you this Application Note : Introduction to digital camera interface (DCMI) for STM32 MCUs - Application note

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CCast.2
Associate II

Hello @KHALSI_Foued,

Thank you very much for your answer, I will analyse this document and try to find solutions. 

Have a good day !

Clément

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

Foued

CCast.2
Associate II

Hello,

I read the documentation and it was very helpful in my research. 

I found a component allowing to make the transition MIPI -> DCMI : https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5470-stm32mp1-series-interfacing-with-a-mipi-csi2-camera-stmicroelectronics.pdf

But unfortunately there is no discovery board with a MIPI-CSI2 interface, if you have any ideas I'm listening. 

Have a nice day! 

Clément

Hey Clément!

Did you make any progress so far? Did you get the STMIPIDS02 running? I have the same problem as you 🙂

Best

Jonas