cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set up my own style / skin for e.g. radio buttons and checkboxes, etc.?

GS1
Senior III

I have a new project with TouchGFX and currently create a huge bunch of new screens.

As I have my own set of images (.png) for buttons etc. I do not use the integrated skins.

When placing a radio button or checkbox now with my own images, it is very time consuming to select the images for e.g. 4 states of a radio button from my own set of images.

My question therefore: Is it possible to create a customized skin so that I can select my preset skin images for the standard checkboxes and progress buttons etc?

This would speed up the creation of setup menus dramatically!

I could not find such a feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hi GS@S,

Yes It's possible 🙂

Here's how you can do it :

1- Go to your TouchGFX installation path, and navigate to this folder : "TouchGFX\4.20.0\designer\Skins"

2- Copy paste one of the Folder already there, for example "Blue", and rename you new folder with the name you want for your own customized skin :

0693W00000UnCWbQAN.png 

3- Open you new folder, and edit the skin.json file. You'll see on the first line, an entry called "Name". Replace the value with your new skin name :

{
  "Name": "Own_customized_skin",
}

4- Replace all the images you need in each of the folders

0693W00000UnCXyQAN.png 

Be careful, TouchGFX Designer will warn you if the image you've put doesn't suit, for example, for check_buttons, all of the buttons need to have same size.

6- If you need to rename the images, edit again the skin.json file to add/rename an image. You'll probably also need to edit it if your image has other dimensions than the one you replace.

Hope it helps.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hi GS@S,

Yes It's possible 🙂

Here's how you can do it :

1- Go to your TouchGFX installation path, and navigate to this folder : "TouchGFX\4.20.0\designer\Skins"

2- Copy paste one of the Folder already there, for example "Blue", and rename you new folder with the name you want for your own customized skin :

0693W00000UnCWbQAN.png 

3- Open you new folder, and edit the skin.json file. You'll see on the first line, an entry called "Name". Replace the value with your new skin name :

{
  "Name": "Own_customized_skin",
}

4- Replace all the images you need in each of the folders

0693W00000UnCXyQAN.png 

Be careful, TouchGFX Designer will warn you if the image you've put doesn't suit, for example, for check_buttons, all of the buttons need to have same size.

6- If you need to rename the images, edit again the skin.json file to add/rename an image. You'll probably also need to edit it if your image has other dimensions than the one you replace.

Hope it helps.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
GS1
Senior III

Wow! Thank you for this information. Will help a lot!

BR GS

You're welcome!

Osman SOYKURT