cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image widget not showing properly

MCerv.2
Associate II

Hi! I'm running TouchGFX 4.21.3 on a custom board with the following hardware.

• STM32L452RET6
  • QSPI W25Q128JV for storage
  • LCD 320x172 SPI ST7789v3

Everything is working fine expect that image widgets that contain alpha values are now shown properly. I'm still trying to understand the settings that might help solve this problem, here is my setup in TouchGFX:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhelkQAA.png

• The icons on the top left and right corners have some colours that are not totally white.
  • The icons are png files saved in RGB 8bit mode for all channels.
  • The icons for the battery that are drawn with just completely white pixels work just fine.
  • Images are stored in the external flash and are fetched through QSPI DMA.

The configuration for TouchGFX images is as follows

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bheoKQAQ.pngHere is how it looks like on the actual hardware

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bheuhQAA.pngI've also tried different settings and modifying the defaults on the Image asset table without any luck.

Can anyone explain what I'm I missing or what combination of settings should I use?

Thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MCerv.2
Associate II

Turns out that it was an issue with the external flash. I did a mass erase on the entire flash storage, then programmed it again and now it works just fine. Not sure why the sector erase and write data commands where not overwriting any existing garbage on the memory though...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MCerv.2
Associate II

Turns out that it was an issue with the external flash. I did a mass erase on the entire flash storage, then programmed it again and now it works just fine. Not sure why the sector erase and write data commands where not overwriting any existing garbage on the memory though...

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello MCerv.2,

Good to hear you've found what was the issue. I would expect the memory to be cleaned when running on the target too. We'll investigate this, thank you for reporting.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi Osman, upon further investigation the issue was on my custom Flash External Loader, the routine SectorErase wasnt properly clearing each section on flash before writing to it.