cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to use "setValueSetAction" and/or "setValueUpdatedAction" on the Progress Bar, but I couldn't figure out the callback generation.

JJGok
Associate II

I'm trying to generate a callback for tracking the progress bar updates. For this purpose I would like to use "setValueUpdatedAction" or "setValueSetAction" functions (which are defined in library). However I couldn't generate the callback or handler. Please share the callback and handler template with me!

4 REPLIES 4
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @JJGok​ ,

I understand what you wanna do, but why not simply implementing the handleTickEvent() method and read your ProgressBox values then at each tick, by calling the getValue() function ?

That could be a easy way to achieve what you want.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
JJGok
Associate II

Thank you for your answer,

Normally, I'm doing the handleTickEvent() method, however with my current experience, using callbacks/handlers is making the system more efficient or reliable. While controlling or/and updating more than 1 variable in handleTickEvent(), in the simulator there is no problem. However, if you debug it, the refresh rates or going low ( it is related to the hardware too of course).

I hope I was able to explain my problem.

I haven't used these, but if you are unfamiliar with how to set up callbacks in general, take a look at the ScrollList example provided withTouchGFX Designer. It can also be helpful to get it working in simulation and use touchgfx_printf() calls (needs <touchgfx/Utils.hpp>) in your callback functions to make sure it is working properly. Just put the #ifdef SIMULATOR around the function calls.

JJGok
Associate II

Thank you for your answer.

I might have checked that when encountered the refresh rate problem and I am using most of the callbacks right now. They are working pretty well. However, in my case, I need to generate a different kind or I couldn't figure out how I am going to use it.

For example:

1)For move animation (if you change the MoveAnimator to FadeAnimator it works with it too.)

Callback<View, const MoveAnimator<Container>&> CALLBACKNAME;

void CALLBACKHANDLERNAME(const MoveAnimator<Container> &box);

GenericCallback<const MoveAnimator<T>&>& callback ==> This is the template of the callback

2)For scroll wheel end animation

void ScrollWheelAnimationDoneCallBackHandler();

Callback<SplashScreenView> ScrollWheelAnimationDoneCallBack;

GenericCallback<>& callback ==> This is the template of the callback

3)In my case

"GenericCallback<const AbstractProgressIndicator&>& callback" is the template, however, couldn't work it out.