cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a newbie, so please be gentle to me :-) Installing TouchGFX at default location. But testing out just simulator doesn't bring up the simulator window. Why could that be? Cheers Bent

BJens.1
Associate III

11 REPLIES 11
BJens.1
Associate III

I started the TouchGFS Environment 4.16 (the icon of the same name) and ran the lines proposed, and from there the simulatr started and showed the example chosen.

I also saw at another terminal window, that make referred to embarcadero (Ihave embarcadero installed on my computer). So is make invoked from embarcadero because of the environment variables?

If that is the case (I don't know if this is the case, but i suspect it to be) how do I setup the environment to automatically detect the context and then start the right make when the context is embarcadero and the other make when the context is TouchGFX). Or is that not really the problem?

BJens.1
Associate III

I found out that the environment isn't added to the windows environment varable (which it isn't neither in my other 2 test computers where it works). But adding the path to the environment path in windows made it compile and run the simulator and compile for the target and upload to the target as well.

So now I can start doing some fancy GFX testing 🙂

Thanks for your help, which gave me some pointers.