cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase Maximum number of Timer widgets (MAX_TIMER_WIDGETS)?

jimmii
Senior II

Hi

I have some wiedgets which are using the registerTimerWidget functionality.

My software crashes with an assertion:

*** assertion failed: timerWidgets.size() < MAX_TIMER_WIDGETS, file ../../../../framework/source/touchgfx/Application.cpp, line 585

The MAX_TIMER_WIDGETS are defined as 32 in the file Application.hpp. Now I wanted to increase that number, but the crash still happens at 32 registrations.

Now I assume that the library is precompiled with MAX_TIMER_WIDGETS = 32 and that your check does not check for the size of Vector<Drawable*, MAX_TIMER_WIDGETS> timerWidgets;

Anything I can do to increase that number? @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thanks for your help.

/jimmii

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello jimmii,

As you mentioned, the maximum number of timer widgets is 32. For the moment, it's not possible increase the value. So the workaround I can suggest is to use the handleTickEvent function to create you own timers.

We're thinking about increasing this value in the future but this is not one of our priority for the next releases.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello jimmii,

As you mentioned, the maximum number of timer widgets is 32. For the moment, it's not possible increase the value. So the workaround I can suggest is to use the handleTickEvent function to create you own timers.

We're thinking about increasing this value in the future but this is not one of our priority for the next releases.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX